Friday, June 22, 2007

The Week of Contest

So, this past week as been the week of contests for me. It all started Tuesday night. At nine a clock they have this thing called "the buck off" on K-bull 93, a country radio station. They play two songs and you chose which one should stay and which one should go. So there is this song by Carrie Underwood "I'll stand by you" that has been winning lately. I'm not to big of a fan of the song so I tried to call in and let it known. It is after 9 PM so the calls are free. Any ways I finally get through and the guy asks me who I would like to vote for and I replied, "I think you should buck her off." Needless to say that made the guy on the radio laugh. He liked it so much he had be start over because he was not recording. So we did a retake but there was a different ending. I informed me that I was caller number 93 and won tickets to a Diamond Rio concert in August. Needless to say I was shocked. After a second of thinking about it, I realized, it is not what you know but who you know. If I had been caller 93 he would have been recording me from he get go.
So Thursday 9 PM rolled around and I was just getting off work. Carrie was still on top going against Taylor Swift and "Tear Drops on My Getare." So I called in again to try and off Carrie. It took a few minutes of trying but it started to ring, and ring and ring. Finally the guy picked up and I had a little fun asking, "How is my girl Taylor doing?" We joked around for a minute and then he informed me that I was... caller 93 and has won a pair of tickets to Diamond Rio. For the record I was not trying to win, I just wanted to off Carrie. Any who it was a different D-J filling in for the night. Needless to say Jason Vilos won a pair of tickets to Diamond Rio :)

So on Friday, someone two else over came up to me and asked me if I wanted to be in a pie eating contest. I like pie and all but I had eaten lunch at 12:20 came into work and one and in the space of an hour ate 2 bagels. I was stuffed. I was thinking that I would be set, for most of the night. So I get roped into the pie eating contest because the other guy was fasting. I was thinking that I would be one of 8 people so I could just sit back and watch everyone else go to town and just go slow and enjoy myself... ya, that didn't happen.
So we went outside and I found out that I was only one of four people who would be eating pies and that each person represented a department. When I found that out it made the competition start to get to me, then I that we had banana cream pies. When that was announced, I heard Jeremy say to Zack (the man representing their department) "you got this one won." When I heard those words come out of my brother's month, I think that put me over the edge, I was going to win this thing.
Well, the two minutes went by and I ended up winning. I had the whole pie eaten with about 20 seconds left. Everyone started to catch up so I had keep going and I started to eat the crust.

It was a lot of fun, and I won $10 in Bajio bucks… woo woo! I am also know now at work as- the pie eater in addition to Jeremy’s brother.

3 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm! Pie! (you gotta say it in a low gravely voice like strong bad.)

Always up for an ADVENTURE :) said...

I love the pictures of your pie contest it makes the story even better then when you told me. I love it.

Pari said...

A pie contest! You failed to mention that story on Sunday. I once got roped into a pie contest too. But, for reasons you all ready stated, I just sat back and watch everyone eat. Needless to say I lost, but I had whipped cream lodged up my nose all day. Guess you're the pie champ in the group, eh?

Oh yeah, and congrats and winning all those tickets! I swear you are one of the luckiest radio people I know!