Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stocking shelves is fun… Having a stocker, not so much

Some of you may remember that one of the jobs I had right before my mission was as a night stocker at Dick’s Market. In fact I loved to say that I stocked at night. :) Although I loved that job, have a stocker is real life… is not as fun.

So, I have made a good amount of friend while I have been up here. One of the girls who is my FRIEND (and is now pushing that) I called the stocker massage girl. I said it as a joke but it became a self fulfilling title. I should have known something was up when I felt that I had to go in and out of the back of my apartment. At first I thought that I was just being paranoid, but then I thought about it and thought that it was probably best that I didn’t let her know where I live. On Sunday (2 days ago) I was talking to my roommate about her telling him that, “she would be the kind of girl that would just stop in all the time”.

So that night after taking a 2 hour nap I woke up to find my roommate playing a video game. I sat on the sofa watching him play Mario 3 for the NES and trying to wake up. All of the sudden there was a knock at the door. He got up to get it and I heard a girl ask if Brad was there. It was one of the moments that you think you yourself, “I know that voice… and that is not a good thing”. Yep sure enough it was stocker Sally and her new roommate.

So they came in and sate down. I had to make sure I was a wake and that this was not some kind of a nightmare I was having. Sally was so happy that they had found out where I lived. She wanted me to guess how they found it. I had told her that I lived in this apartment where this old angry couple live when she asked before. :) She proceeded to tell me that she saw which mail box I got my mail out of, and got the number off that. Ya, she earned the title of stocker.

So they were at my house for 15 minutes and 3 of the 4 roommates had met them. One of my roommates said he was going to be taking off to go to someone else’s apartment. I sent him a text that said, “I need your help.” He then said to me, “what do you need.” I kind of acted like I didn’t know what he was talking about and then a minute later I texted him, “take me with you”. He walked out of the room and a minute later came back in and said to me, “are you ready to go home teaching, Brad?”

Blessed home teaching… to bad I had already gone for the month, but when I had a way out I was going to take it. I ended up going to the kids house for 20 minutes until I had to go something for someone I home taught. It was funny because the roommate that was playing Nintendo later told me that the two girls stayed at our place for over 15 minutes. He was going to say he was going to go to bed to get them to leave and just turn off the TV, but he was scared that one of the would turn off the Nintendo and he was on World 6 with no warp whistles.

All and all it has been an interesting experience. Not to much of a fan about it, but it makes a great story. :)

5 comments:

Rachel H. said...

aha ha ha ha.... Sorry, I feel for ya man.

Rachel H. said...

Oh, the BEAUTY of TXT!

Pari said...

You could always tell her either a: you all ready have a girlfriend or b: you're gay.

I'm guessing b would get rid of her a lot faster than a. I actually gave Chris the exact same advice a few months ago. Of course, option b, for him, wouldn't be so much of a stretch. Ha ha!

P.S. I sent you an email forever ago, email me back punk!

Plaidlobster said...

Sadness!! I've had someone do that to me before!! Years ago I was on a date and the guy called his friend and within 15 minutes he received a call saying he needed to go to work..yeah right. I know that was bologna! Does that mean I'm a stalker??

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your thewonderfulworldofbrad.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com